Diversity in Games (DiG) is a safe space for anyone that wants to discuss the state of diversity in games.
Whether it be:
- The state of representation of minority groups within games and the gaming industry as a whole.
- Discussing real-life events or issues that are prevalent within & outside our communities & what we can do as game designers/developers to address them.
- Speaking on our own experiences and identity, and the intersectionality of how our roots, culture, gender, and/or sexual orientation affect the ways in which we create games and experiences.
DiG strives to impact the current state of game design/development along with inspiring global conversation about the issues that underrepresented groups face in games and the gaming industry.
DiG is an inclusive group dedicated to fostering the success of people interested in the creation of games coming from underrepresented communities. We hope to lead and facilitate conversations about the state of diversity within the gaming industry, as well as create games that serve as a platform for individuals from underrepresented communities to have a voice.
- Inspire members to be comfortable expressing themselves and their views within their games.
- To increase the number of game creators that come from underrepresented communities and inspire them to be comfortable expressing themselves and their views within games.
- Develop connections with game creators around the world who are genuinely interested in trying to improve diversity within the game industry.